South-asia
Death toll in Afghanistan suicide attack incident touches 68

Bangladesh Live News | @banglalivenews | 12 Sep 2018

Death toll in Afghanistan suicide attack incident touches 68
Kabul, Sept 12: The death toll in the suicide attack on a protest rally in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province has touched 68, media reports said.

The incident left 165 others injured, reports said.

 

The governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani, told Pajhwok Afghan News the bombing took place in Daki area of Momandara district on Jalalabad-Torkham highway between Jalalabad, the provincial capital, and Torkham border crossing at around 1pm.

 

The injured people were shifted to Jalalabad Zonal Hospital, Fatima Alzahra Hospital and hospital of Ghanikhel district of the province. 

 

Public Health Director Dr. Najibullah Kamawal confirmed the Afghanistan-based news agency that 32 dead bodies and 128 wounded people had been evacuated to Nangarhar hospitals from the incident area. 

 

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

 

Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani has criticised the attack.

 

The statement quoted Ghani as saying in a Pajhwok Afghan News report: “The imposed war on our country is totally illegitimate, and targeting civilian facilities, mosques, women, children and ordinary people is a crime against humanity.” 




Video of the day
Recent Photos and Videos

Web Statistics