Cylinder explosion in moving autorickshaw, mother-daughter seriously injured
Dhaka, November 29, 2020: A mother and daughter were seriously burnt in a fire caused by a gas leak in a CNG-powered autorickshaw in Kishoreganj.
The blast took place at noon on Sunday (November 29) in the Yashodal area of Kishoreganj Sadar Upazila on the road in front of the gate of Shaheed Syed Nazrul Islam Medical College and Hospital.
The injured are passenger mother Latifa and daughter Lima. They were rescued from the spot and admitted to Shaheed Syed Nazrul Islam Medical College Hospital. Doctors said their condition was critical. The injured are the wife and daughter of expatriate Saidur Rahman, a resident of bus stand area of Katiadi Upazila Sadar in the district.
According to police, Latifa Begum was ill. Family members were taking him by autorickshaw from Katiadi to Shaheed Syed Nazrul Islam Medical College Hospital. Arriving in front of the main gate of the hospital, the CNG-powered autorickshaw suddenly caught fire and the Lelihan flame spread around.
Latifa and her daughter Lima, one of the four family members in the CNG, lost their legs. The other two were slightly injured. At that time, the people of the area rescued them and sent them to the hospital. Upon receiving the news, two units of the fire service went to the spot and put out the fire.
Rezaul Karim, a doctor at the emergency department of Shaheed Syed Nazrul Islam Medical College Hospital, said, "Latifa Begum's body has fallen 40 percent. Her condition is critical. Her daughter's condition is also serious.