Four of same family burnt in Munshiganj flat explosion Munshiganj
Photo: Collected

Four of same family burnt in Munshiganj flat explosion

Bangladesh Live News | @banglalivenews | 09 Dec 2023, 06:34 pm

Dhaka, Dec 9: In Idrakpur area of Munshiganj, four members of the same family, including two women and a child, were burnt due to explosion and fire in a residential building. They were rescued and sent to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.

The explosion took place in a flat on the fifth floor of a residential building adjacent to Sadar Upazila Parishad in Idrakpur area of Munshiganj at around 6:30 am on Saturday (December 9).

The injured persons are Md. Rizvi (45), his mother Shaheda Begum (65), wife Rosy Begum (30) and two-and-a-half-year-old son Rayan. Md. Rizvi is an officer of the One-Stop Crisis Cell of Munshiganj General Hospital.

Locals said that around 6:30 am there was a loud explosion in that flat. They came out and saw that the fifth floor of the building was on fire. The fire service was immediately informed. They came and doused the fire and rescued the injured and sent them to Munshiganj General Hospital.

Photo: CollectedPhoto: Collected

Due to the explosion, the doors and windows of all the flats from the second floor to the fourth floor of the building were broken.

Munshiganj Fire Service Officer Md. Abu Yusuf said, initially it is believed that the fire started from an electrical fault or some device.

He said, "In our opinion, all the doors and windows of the room were closed. Fire saved massive energy from enclosed spaces. When someone in the family opened a door, oxygen entered the room and caused an explosion. Because of this, all the rooms of the entire building including the flat have been damaged."