All World

Sheikh Hasina wants the authority of international organizations to meet the demand for vaccines

Lockdown extended for another week, notification issued

CID finds Mamunul's involvement in Narayanganj incident

Bhomra Port: Authorities concerned about meeting revenue target

Covid-19 kills 91 more in a day

Peacekeepers under attack again in Mali, as one Egyptian blue helmet dies, another seriously injured

New York: The UN Secretary-General António Guterres has strongly condemned another fatal attack carried out against a peacekeeping convoy that left a ‘blue helmet’ from Egypt dead, and another seriously injured on Friday.

UN peacekeepers killed in improvised explosive attack in Mali

New York: Three UN peacekeepers from Chad were killed in northern Mali on Sunday when their convoy hit a roadside bomb near Aguelhok, in the restive Kidal region. The improvised device also seriously injured four others who are now receiving medical care, the UN Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) said in a statement.

UN warns of spike in grave violations against children in Mali as ‘the new normal’

New York, Aug 14 : Voicing great concern over a sharp increase in the killing and maiming of children in Mali due to ongoing fighting and instability, the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and partners on Tuesday, called on all warring parties to stop attacks and “keep them out of harm’s way”.

UN peacekeeping in Mali boosted with addition of 250 UK troops

New York, July 23 : The United Kingdom is to send a contingent of 250 troops to Mali next year, to support the UN’s peacekeeping operation in the country, MINUSMA.

Killing of Egyptian peacekeeper in Mali ‘may constitute war crimes’ Guterres warns, urging ‘swift action’

New York, Apr 21: An improvised roadside mine which exploded hitting a UN peacekeeping convoy in Mali, killing one ‘blue helmet’ from Egypt, and wounding four others, may constitute a war crime, the UN Chief said on Saturday, as senior UN officials condemned the blast.

Central Mali: Top UN genocide prevention official sounds alarm over recent ethnically-targeted killings

New York, Mar 29: The United Nations Special Adviser on the Prevention of Genocide, Adama Dieng, expressed on Thursday his deepest concern and strongly condemned recent attacks against villages in Mali, including mass-killings last weekend in the Mopti region, which left 160 dead, including some 50 children, according to the UN human rights office (OHCHR).

UN condemns ‘unspeakable’ attack that leaves scores dead in central Mali

New York, Mar 24: The United Nations has strongly condemned the armed attack on a village in restive central Mali which reportedly left at least 134 people dead and dozens wounded early on Saturday.

Ten UN peacekeepers killed in a terrorist attack in northern Mali

New York, Jan 21: Ten ‘blue helmets’ from the United Nations Stabilization Mission In Mali (MINUSMA) were killed on Sunday following a complex terrorist attack against the mission’s camp in Aguelhok, in the Kidal region, northern Mali.

Deadly Mali attack to be investigated by UN rights experts

New York, Jan 4: An attack on a village in central Mali earlier this week in which at least 37 civilians died, is to be investigated with the help of United Nations human rights experts, the UN stabilization mission in the country (MINUSMA), announced on Thursday.

Mali: Any dispute over key Sunday vote must be resolved peacefully, says UN envoy

New York, July 28: With key presidential elections in Mali just two days away, the top United Nations official there on Friday stressed that candidates must accept the results and ensure that the democratic process in Mali is “irreversible”.

Mali facing ‘alarming’ rise in rights violations, warns UN expert

New York, July 5: In Mali, a senior United Nations rights expert on Wednesday described an “alarming” deterioration of the security, human rights and humanitarian situation in northern and eastern areas of the country.

UN chief condemns attack targeting international forces in northern Mali

New York, July 2: United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has condemned an attack in Gao, northern Mali, targeting international forces that left at least two civilians dead and over fifteen injured.

‘Favour dialogue’ over violence, UN chief urges all parties following clashes in Mali’s capital

New York, June 3: The United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres called for “calm and restraint” on Saturday, following violent clashes between demonstrators and riot police in Mali’s capital Bamako.